Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful...

Yep. My favorite time of year again. Autumn. Especially because it includes one of my favorite holidays... THANKSGIVING! In homage to this amazing day of remembrance, I am writing out my list of blessings and things I am thankful for... (This is the shortened version. There are more things than this I can/am thankful for, but I am not going to post them all here. That would take forever. This is just a list of 50.)

1. My salvation through Jesus Christ
2. My health - without this, most of the others don't seem all that important
3. My husband - He's, seriously, the best man in the world. I love him with all of my heart.
4. My daughter and son (Avery & Samuel)
5. My parents
6. My sister & her family
7. My in-laws (Really, I'm serious. I love them.)
8. My extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc...)
9. The opportunity to succeed or fail
10. Friends who help me become the best me possible
11. Great books that inspire and challenge me
12. Amazing heros that I can actually look up to in life
13. Fuzzy slippers/socks
14. Snuggly blankets (no, not snuggies - just warm blankets)
15. Time... most people take this for granted
16. Cars/Trucks etc... automobiles - and their convenience
17. Forgiveness
18. Apple Cider
19. Free enterprise
20. Sunsets
21. Our dog, Hershey... even if she is a pain sometimes
22. My senses (hearing and eyesight, etc...)
23. Sticky syrup face kisses from Avery
24. Colors... and the beauty that can be created from them
25. Sweatshirts
26. A hedge of protection around me, my family, & my friends
27. Computers
28. My pathetic pillow that has survived my childhood, Kenya, Avery's birth (barely) and a zillion road trips.
29. Christ's Mercy
30. Music
31. Nature
32. My mind (it's the one thing any of us can actually control.)
33. Water
34. Laughter
35. Heat and air conditioning (I know I'm spoiled)
36. Room to grow and change... (not clothing - although that's appreciated too, but as a person)
37. Sneakers and boots and comfy shoes
38. Quiet time with the Lord
39. Great conversations
40. My imagination
41. Sleeping in     :)
42. My time in Kenya (and hopefully, a trip back)
43. Kenneth Copeland Ministries
44. Hot chocolate
45. Electricity & running water
46. A PMA about each and every day
47. Trying to develop an "others focused" approach to life.
48. The ability and willingness to seek God's will in my life (not just my own)
49. Goals and the opportunity to work towards them (even if we don't always hit them when we want to)
50. Compassion

Okay, so that was actually pretty easy. There are a zillion things that I'm thankful for... If you ever have one of those days that make you feel like you may not be able to handle your life... PLEASE create your own list. Add the smallest things as well as big things. It puts life into perspective. As Larry Winters always says, "Any day above ground is a good day."


For these things, AND MORE, I am thankful!



No comments:

Post a Comment