With all of those "notes" that float around facebook, I actually completed one of them. It asked me to give 25 facts about myself. I didn't include things that are obvious or that everyone would know. (ie: I have two kids. etc...) What I included is a little more about the rest of me. The me that I know and others may only if I've told them. So, for those of you who care to know more of the "real" me... Here you go. I'm reposting my original "note" with a few minor modifications.
1. Most of my best friends I did not know a few years ago, but I would love to reconnect with some of my old friends better too!
2. My husband is my ultimate best friend and a hero to me.
3. I believe that everyone should have a good mentor. (If it's good enough for professional athletes, entertainers and business people, it's probably a good thing for me too.)
4. ONE of my future goals is to teach my own children by experiental learning. (Living in and diving into the cultures that we would study or going to historical places and things like that.)
5. I studied in Kenya for a semester and now have a whole other family that calls me their white adopted daughter... and I love them!
6. I have tried several times, but I still can't stand the taste of coffee. It smells delightful though.
7. Jon and I have talked about having a large family... at least 4 kids. Half way there...
8. I hope to have a membership someday to exclusiveresorts.com or the large ship called "The World" so that we can travel more often.
9. I love autumn and, in second place, spring. Moderate temperatures are the key. I'm all about jeans and hoodie weather. Sweating while just standing there is for the birds.
10. I'm not a huge fan of plain chocolate... Maybe if it's mixed with something...
11. I taught English in a middle school in PA for a few years before they made me go get an English certificate. (I was elementary education before.)
12. It irks me when people don't know how to use the adjective "GOOD" and the adverb "WELL" correctly in sentences. (ex: I'm doing good. - This is not correct English!!!)
13. I would love for my kids to grow up learning many languages. (Tutor? Rosetta Stone?)
14. I would like to some day own a motorcycle, but Jon says that I drive too fast and he'd be scared all the time. We'll see who wins.
15. I think I could eat lobster, crab and shrimp every day.
16. I know you should never have favorite or least favorite students when being a teacher, but I will admit that some names that I previously liked as names to (potentially) name my children have been banished from the list (or even some added to it) because of prior students. It's that whole word association thing. Sorry.
17. I'm trying to get better every day at keeping in touch with people. Really, I am.
18. I've vowed to spend time every day "smelling the baby hair" so that I don't take my time with Avery or Sam for granted while they're little.
19. I am a firm believer that kids and spouses often spell love this way: T-I-M-E
20. I have a ton of books in mind that I think should be made into movies... just ask me, I'll tell you which ones.
21. I've come to realize that every decision is/can be a life changing one. As I look back, some things that seemed life altering at the time really were, while other decisions that seemed insignificant when being made, have changed my life forever. You never know how things will play out, so make decisions carefully.
22. I'm really sappy and I cry at movies, books, and hearing passionate people talk about their hopes and dreams.
23. Although I made other dumb decisions in high school and college, I have stayed true to my vow to never drink alcohol.
24. I wish that people would be good for their word more and have more ambition in life. Things may be really different if everyone vowed to do that.
25. I understand that I can control my actions and my attitude. What others do and how they behave is up to them. (It still frustrates me sometime, but I understand it's not up to me.)