Tuesday, May 4, 2010
So... I've decided to create a "Bucket List" (name taken from the movie). If you haven't seen it (first of all, I'd recommend it) I'll explain what this is all about. A "Bucket List" is a list of things you'd like to do/accomplish before you "kick the bucket." You can have as many as you want on your list. I've decided that 100 is a good goal for me. That way, when I can cross one off my list I still have a lot of living left to do. However, I only have 80ish goals listed. I'd welcome any feedback or suggestions. I challenge you to create a "Bucket List." Even if there's only 10 things on it. This can, at least, give you some direction in the future. Like Yogi Berra said, "If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else." Berra
Here is my Bucket List...
1. Live debt free and job free (both of us)
2. Earn the right to be part of the LTD Diamond Team
3. Bear 4 children
4. Adopt children
5. Learn Spanish fluently
6. Take a dance class
7. Take a cooking class
8. Travel aboard "The World"
9. Have an Exclusive Resorts Membership
10. Go on a cruise (eventually once a year)
12. Visit all NFL stadiums for a game
13. Relearn sign language
14. Pay for a cruise for my family
15. Take care of my parents and Jon's dad financially
16. Fund/Build a Mercy Ministries home
17. Help build/fund a Liberty Prep Christian Academy in Lancaster &; send my kids there
19. Write a juvenile fiction book
20. Own property with 100+ acres
21. Buy my parents' house and keep it in the family
23. Pay for my kids' college (if they decide they'd like to go) with one check per year - NO PAYMENT PLAN
24. Have an "Alice" like the Brady Bunch did
25. Own a first edition of many of the novels that are considered "American or British Classics"
26. Spend a week in NYC with my mom each year
27. See a Broadway show
28. Fund the Ole Kirisuah's ministry to the Maasai people in Kenya
29. Visit food establishments highlighted on the Food Network and Travel Channels
30. Take the kids to Disney
31. Give monthly to every ministry I can (KCM, Mercy Ministries, Outreach America, Hope Int'l, Joyce Meyer, Wallbuilders etc...)
32. Visit Pixar Studios & have a character created after me :)
33. Go to a summer and winter Olympics
35. Hang glide
37. Learn to really rock climb
38. Learn to ski (water & snow)
39. Own a boat & jetskis
42. Own a street legal motorcycle as well as a dirtbike and/or 4 wheelers
44. Learn to sail
45. Stay at Peter Island (by qualification)
48. Travel to... Australia ... and... go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef.
49. Travel to... New Zeland ... and... travel to LOTR locations.
50. Travel to... Japan ... and... try authentic sushi.
65. Travel to... S. Korea ... and... have Trish show me around
71. Travel to... Vietnam ... and ... take my dad & mom.
73. Fashion week in NYC with Carey! :)
74. Send postcards from awesome places to those who've said I'll never get there.
77. NCAA Final Four games every year that we'd like
78. Big game hunting trip for my dad out west
80. Fill the Giant Center with ambitious people for the LTD team and watch their lives be transformed by the Truth.